Jan/Feb Newsletter 2017
Dear Friends of SALT,
We’ve made a wonderful start to the year. We’re constantly reminded of the tremendous team of volunteers that make up SALT. Our vision of transforming culture through sport is starting to become a reality, because of all of you.
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN JANUARY AND FEBRUARY
- The Western Bulldogs have agreed to partner with us.
- Susan Alberti has come on board as the first female Patron of SALT.
- Our function at the White House Mansion in St Kilda was a HUGE success with a number of great contacts made.
- We have been guaranteed $100K Federal Government funding thanks to the work of Alan Tudge and Michael Sukkar.
- We received a donation of $10K from a generous supporter.
- Dave and Carissa attended the MTAS 175th Anniversary and were blown away by a surprise $5K gift.
- We now have “Jo” working 3 days a week in Administration.
- Carissa is spending more time applying for grants and developing contacts.
- We trained 12 more teachers in January, and now have 25.
- We have a new monthly breakfast format – we now have a “spot” where we hear from our sponsors about their business.
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
Dave has been talking to a leading Melbourne law firm and hopes to secure a partnership with them to deliver leadership training to their 350 staff members.
Continue speaking to ASICS about possibly partnering with them.
For Jo to be fully trained and ready for the busiest season.
Continue discussion with Melton Catholic Care regarding a $10K grant to implement
leadership training in schools in Melton.
Next SALT Breakfast: Friday 17th March at 7am at Caffe Stazione. Guest Speaker is Grant Doussett (Grey Matter Digital)
Thanks for all of your support…….
Dave, Carissa and Dave.