Dear Friends of SALT,
February has been a fantastic month for SALT and we’re feeling very prepared for the busy season that is almost upon us. We recently met with the committee of one of our member clubs and while they were clearly committed to the SALT program, they admitted “we cannot see how you’re going to change the players”. We love a challenge and have taken it as just that! We’ll keep you updated on the club’s progress.
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN FEBRUARY
• Positive meeting with the Management of the AFL Goulburn Valley League about potentially running some programs in the clubs in their region in 2019
• Received our first insights into the outcomes of our Independent Evaluation. These have been extremely positive and will help inform our strategy for the future.
• Delivered Wellbeing and Leadership Training to AFL Vic Umpire coaches from across the state
• Ran a 3 session leadership workshop with the Ringwood Cricket Club women’s team leaders – our first women’s cricket club!
• Had our first monthly SALT breakfast for the year with 25 in attendance.
• We have developed a Gender Equity course called ‘Crossing the Line’ in conjunction with Eastern Health and will be delivering it throughout women’s football & netball clubs in the Yarra Valley.
• Received official confirmation that Knox Council will fund 3 clubs to undertake a two-year membership in their municipality
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
• To continue discussions with potential corporate partners
• To prepare for our next teacher training program in April
SAVE THE DATE
On Friday May 4th we will be hosting a Grandstand Breakfast for all current Grandstand Members and all potential new Grandstand Members. It will be at the Box Hill Golf Course. If you know of a company or an individual who may be interested in supporting SALT through the Grandstand ($1,000 per year -fully tax deductable), please plan to bring them along. This is in addition to the Brownlow
BREAKFAST DATES FOR 2018
• 29th June • 24th September
PATRICK CRONIN DOCUMENTARY
We are having a public screening of the documentary on the 13th of March at the Palace Cinema Balwyn – Tickets can be purchased on line for $20 each from the following link: https://www.patcroninfoundation.org.au/event/pat-cronin-foundation-documentary-screening/
Thanks to each of you – our mighty team. We couldn’t do it without you!
Dave, Carissa, Dave and Jo.
February Newsletter 2018
“Transforming Australian culture through sport”
Next SALT Breakfast
Friday 23rd March at 7am
@ Stirr It Up Cafe
283 Maroondah Hwy Ringwood