Dear Friends of SALT,
July was our busiest month of the year with 63 presentations. Given that we had 2 weeks school
holidays within July where we only delivered a handful of presentations, it made for a manic
second half of the month. We’re on track for 400+ presentations this year which is double the
number delivered in 2016.
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN JULY
• We are consulting with Maroondah City Council to become co-tenants of a state-of-the-art
sporting complex at H.E. Parker Reserve. The project will be completed in 2019
• We met with the Minister for Health and Sport, the Honourable Greg Hunt, and presented a case for an on-line teaching and learning platform that would take our training to a level that would allow SALT to scale significantly in the future
• We currently have 56 GRANDSTAND MEMBERS. We were able to recognise many of them at our last 2 SALT Breakfasts
• At our most recent breakfast we heard about the impact of SALT at Croydon South SFC through the Club President, Cathy White
• November 17th is the date of our GRANDSTAND Breakfast and DAVID PARKIN and
SUSAN ALBERTI will both be special guests – venue will soon be announced
• The Bendigo Banks in East Ivanhoe and Heidelberg are partnering with SALT to help
finance a number of memberships for the clubs in their region in 2018
• We are thrilled that Box Hill Central Rotary have made us their chosen charity and from now on all proceeds from their Annual Grand Final Breakfast will be donated to SALT. This year the breakfast will be held on Wednesday 27th September at the Box Hill Golf Club. Guest speakers will be our very own Jeff Gieschen and Carissa Rash. Cost of the breakfast is $40 and SALT will be filling some tables so we would love to have you join us
education units for their Next Generation Academy Program. Later in the year we will also deliver 16 presentations to the Melbourne Football Club for their Next Generation Academy.
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
• Begin presenting to cricket clubs
• Continue to explore developing IT based teaching and learning systems
• Begin recruiting and training more teachers. Can you help us here? We need to find
exceptional qualified teachers with strong sporting knowledge. If you know of someone who would fit the bill please connect us so we can check each other out.
• Below is some feedback on one of our first year teachers.
Lee was absolutely fantastic. He was professional, knew the material well and spoke clearly to the room. The U14 and U15 players were engaged and participated in the discussion points. The feedback from the parents was 100% positive. The personal stories that Lee shared were heartbreaking and hard hitting. I thought that the way the session was presented was great. I thoroughly recommend this to all junior footy clubs.
Sandy Chalmers Dingley JFC