Dear Friends of SALT,
March has been a month full of opportunity and progression for SALT. We are poised ready for the busiest 5 months of the year, and excited about the potential to have a positive impact in sporting communities.
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN MARCH
• MCC – Melbourne Cricket Club has given SALT $10,000 for the second year in a row to deliver sessions into Girls U16 football teams
• Successful launch of the Leading the Change project between SALT, the AFL Yarra Ranges, Eastern Health and Yarra Valley Water
• MRC – Melbourne Racing Club Foundation have sponsored clubs in the AFL South East to have 16 fully funded SALT sessions
• Had the privilege of providing crisis response at two clubs after the loss of a greatly loved player at one club and a highly respected coach at another
• Met with Cricket Victoria to explore a greater roll out of sessions into cricket clubs next season
• Attended the Chamberlain Brother’s Lunch – the Chamberlain foundation raises funds for Mental Health awareness
• Continue to meet with Bendigo Bank to explore greater partnership potential
• Developed a new 4 hour course for Club Well Being Managers to ensure all clubs have someone well trained to facilitate greater pastoral care across club communities
• Have presented at a number of Season Launches and league trade shows
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
• To invite everyone to the SALT Breakfast on Friday May 4th at Box Hill Golf Club at 7am. This breakfast is to promote the SALT Grandstand and to try to increase the members in our Grandstand to 100 this year. We are delighted to announce that our guest speaker will be Jason Smith, the founder of Back in Motion. He is an outstanding communicator and will draw some fascinating parallels between sport and business.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
At the crisis response that we recently attended, the daughter of the coach who passed away was just 16 years old. She is the most delightful, mature and caring young lady. After her father passed away when asked about counselling she said, ” I have had many offers of help and counselling but after having had Carissa come to the club last year, she was the one I wanted to speak to”.
SAVE THE DATE
On Friday May 4th we will be hosting a Grandstand Breakfast for all current Grandstand Members and all potential new Grandstand Members. It will be at the Box Hill Golf Course. If you know of a company or an individual who may be interested in supporting SALT through the Grandstand ($1,000 per year -fully tax deductable), please plan to bring them along. This is in addition to the Brownlow Breakfast (September 24th).
Thanks to each of you – our mighty team. We couldn’t do it without you!
Dave, Carissa, Dave and Jo.
March Newsletter 2018
“Transforming Australian culture through sport”
Next SALT Breakfast
Friday 4th May at 7am
@ Box Hill Golf Club
22 Station Street, Box Hill South