Dear Friends of SALT,
A week is a long time in football and a month is proving to be a long time in the life of SALT.
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN MAY
• We delivered 86 sessions in May, 29% more than May 2017.
• Many new presenters delivered their first presentations and we are delighted with how they’re doing. Rookie Graham Moyle received this feedback from West Preston Lakeside FC, ‘Graham was exceptional, articulate and engaging with the audience!’
• We are partnering with the St Kilda Football Club to deliver a number of education sessions to their Next Generation Academy teams.
• Our expansion into Bendigo is progressing well with many trips being made by Melbourne staff to observe and train our new SALT facilitators.
• Charlie Thorn has generously offered to give of his time over the next few weeks and months to help develop our CRM to automate a number of processes and improve our efficiencies.
• We have engaged a grant-writer to apply for grants on our behalf.
• We have been offered a temporary office space by Maroondah Council until the new complex at HE Parker Reserve is complete. This is at the Ringwood Golf Club. We are delighted to have a home for SALT.
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
HIGHLIGHT OF THE MONTH
We have started delivering sessions into the AFL Yarra Ranges via funding from Eastern Health, Yarra Valley Water and the AFL Yarra Ranges League. After Dave Mitton presented to a senior men’s team, the live quiz revealed that a number of men were currently experiencing mental health issues. Eastern Health generously provided 2 health professionals to be present at the session, and they spoke very well about the services they provide. The next day the president of the club called through to Eastern Health, to seek help for 2 of the men at the club who wanted assistance.
The president of this club has shown leadership that is far more important than any decision about game plans or training schedules. What a privilege it is to work with the wonderful people that make up footy clubs. Volunteers who give up their time to contribute to their communities through their footy clubs have an impact on others beyond what they will ever know. Thank you to every one of you. The SALT team are constantly encouraged by your selfless efforts!
Thanks to each of you – our mighty team. We couldn’t do it without you!
Dave, Carissa, Dave and Jo.