Dear Friends of SALT,
What an exciting, exhausting and encouraging month we have just experienced! We’ve come to realise that post September is not an “off-season” for SALT, but instead a time when some of the most significant business developments of the year occur, and a time where we reach a new level of busy-ness!
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN NOVEMBER
• The Grandstand breakfast at the MCG was a huge success, thank you to all who came and supported the event
• We now have 76 Grandstand members
• Susan Alberti AC generously donated $10,000
• Bendigo Bank also generously donated $14,000
• Paul Wheelton AM and David Parkin OAM have offered to run the very established
Brownlow Medal Breakfast at Etihad Stadium on Sep 24th 2018 with proceeds going to SALT. Save that date in your diary now!
• We are thrilled to confirm that SALT will be the co-tenants of HE Parker Reserve when the re-development of the complex is complete. Expected time of completion is early 2019
• We have reached our maximum number of Senior Member clubs that we will be working with in 2018 and now have a waiting list for next season
• We have 3 projects that we’re currently working on with councils and health promotion
organisations that could equate to about 80 funded sessions for clubs in 2018
• The Dalgarno Institute has generously donated $3,000 to SALT to assist in the application of a grant to fund our work
• We presented an overview of our Schools’ Program to teachers at the ACHPER (Australian Council Health Physical Education and Recreation) conference
• We ran a leadership training conference for the Eastern Football League
• We have presented at a number of wonderfully supportive Rotary clubs and have been
invited to speak at their District Conference in March where delegates from 47 clubs will
• We have been interviewing potential SALT presenters and have shortlisted 20 to
attend our training in Melbourne and 6 to attend training in Bendigo in January
• We are developing a number of new courses
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
• Lock in as many bookings for early next year as possible
• Finish developing courses
• To have a holiday!
We would like to extend our utmost gratitude to all of you for your support throughout an incredible 12 months for SALT. Thank you so much for helping us to transform Australian culture through sport.