Dear Friends of SALT,
We seem to be finding ourselves in the very fortunate position of receiving a number of opportunities to partner with some terrific organisations. We are feeling very grateful and equally motivated to take advantage of all the opportunities we have been given.
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN OCTOBER
• Trained 10 new SALT presenters ready for the 2018 season
• We engaged a recruitment agency called Sportspeople to help source presenters for SALT and will be interviewing candidates shortly
• We met with Tennis Australia who we hope to partner with in the future
• Spoke with Anthony Cianflone the assistant to John Eren State Minister for Sport
• Spoke with representatives from the Department of Sport and Recreation about
• Presented very successfully into a number of schools
• SALT was introduced by the EFL to the Hawthorn Football Club, about potentially working with them in 2018
• Met with Southern Football Netball League about strengthening our partnership with their league in 2018
• Spoke to Maroondah Council and SALT will be presenting in front of representatives from all sporting clubs in Maroondah at the start of 2018
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
• Book in all of the 2018 Senior Member Clubs in Bendigo and Melbourne
• Increase our Grandstand members to 80…..currently 64 members
• To host a very successful SALT Grandstand Breakfast
The Grandstand Breakfast is on Friday November 17th, AFL Dining Room, MCG at 645 for a 7am Start.
Quote from a male in his 40 from a recent Wellbeing Presentation “….This cricket club saved my life. I stood on the platform at the train station, I rang 2 guys and spoke to them for an hour each, and they talked me out of jumping. The 6 months between cricket seasons takes so long. This is my happy place”.