Dear Friends of SALT,
September is the best month of the year for footy lovers, and it was a wonderful month for SALT as well. We watched 7 footy clubs that we’ve worked with throughout the year win premierships and a number of others experience narrow defeats.
GOLDEN MOMENTS IN SEPTEMBER
• Delivered 10 presentations to the Melbourne Football Club Next Generation Academy boys teams
• Delivered 4 presentations to the Western Bulldogs Football Club Next Generation Academy boys and girls teams
• Very excited to announce Service Stream Financial Services as a new major financial
supporter for the next 3 years
• Delivered a leadership session to JETS Gymnastics’ coaches and will be working with their staff in 2017 and 2018
• Successfully delivered a series of presentations for the Smart Generation Program on behalf of EACH and Deakin University
• Spoke at a number of Rotary Clubs and RSL’s
• We are in the initial stages of discussion with CodeSafe Solutions regarding how we might
be able to use their app to help us train presenters and deliver content. We are extremely grateful to “Broady” and the CodeSafe team.
• Council plans and negotiations are proceeding well for the establishment of the’ SALT
Centre for Sporting Excellence’ at the H.E. Parker Reserve in Heathmont. The complex will be due for completion early to mid 2019.
GOAL POSTS FOR THE MONTH AHEAD
• Meeting with John Erin State Labour Minister for Sport
• Write new schools courses and deliver a number of school culture and leadership sessions
SAVE THE DATE:
SALT GRANDSTAND BREAKFAST -November 17, AFL Dining Room, MCG.
This is our major event for year. You will receive an invitation shortly.
SALT presented at the Western Bulldogs NGA Academy Well Being Presentation to 50 boys aged 15. When asked via the live quiz how many boys would talk to someone if they had a mental health issue, 11 boys said they would not. One tall, strong boy then stood up and said, ‘I have a mental health issue. It used to feel like I had 12 bricks around my shoulders. I got help and it now feels like 2. Boys, having a mental health issue does not define you. You must talk to someone’.